Youth Forum Announcement
ACWAY Forum 4 in partnership withBaku International Multiculturalism Centre
The 4th ACWAY Forum will be held in Baku, Azerbaijan, in July 2019 in partnership with Baku International Multiculturalism Center. Taking place in conjunction with the Baku International Multiculturalism Summer School, the ACWAY Forum will be an opportunity for the participants to contextualize the concepts of multiculturalism and interfaith harmony into practice.
Participants of the forum will engage in skills-based workshops and critical dialogue thinking around interfaith action: addressing best practices, challenges, and lessons learned from a global multicultural NGO in the field.
The main objectives of the ACWAY forum:
1. Share experiences and examples of how young people can put multiculturalism and interfaith peacebuilding into practice;
2. Deliver a skill-based, outcomes-driven program that allows participants to contextualize the course themes into action;
3. Provide a platform for dialogue concerning the actual topics of multiculturalism and implementation challenges;
4. Develop a growing network of international changemakers who are equipped to deliver multicultural and interfaith activities in their own communities.
Having in mind the aforementioned objectives, the following topics are possible themes to be addressed in the forum’s panels:
Presentations of multicultural activities implemented by ACWAY fellows, challenges in the interfaith movement, multiculturalism, advocacy, social innovation/entrepreneurship, monitoring and evaluating social activities, financial literacy (effective budgeting and fundraising for nonprofits), program management and many more as well as social and intercultural activities.
Duration of the Forum: A 7 day programme jointly organized by the Multiculturalism Centre and ACWAY
Dates: 15th-21st July 2019 (Expected to arrive between 13-14th July and depart on 22nd July)
All expenses covered (except for visas) for 20 young people selected through an application process.
1. Aged 18-35
2. Active in the fields of interfaith/intercultural peacebuilding and/or involvement in a relevant local or international project or organization
3. Availability to take part in the whole duration of the project (7 days)
4. Commit to delivering and implementing at least 2 activities within 6 months after the Forum (by Feb 2020).
5. Good level of English (all the program will be in English – no translation service)